We’re excited to kick off our year-end campaigns and events which include our annual Membership Drive and Donor Campaign, highlighted by Long Term Care Awareness Day on November 22nd. It’s also Giving Tuesday on November 28 which is another great date to consider supporting the work that we do!
Over 2023, Concerned Friends has:
- Prepared recommendations, submissions and initiated meetings with Ministry of Long-Term Care officials toward influencing policy decisions and government actions.
- Reviewed 1,642 inspection reports and summarized trends and issues in our Annual Report Card to encourage greater transparency and accountability while empowering the public to make informed choices.
- Provided customized and empathic support, information and guidance to Ontario families as they navigated the complex LTC system.
- Educated the public on legislative matters and fostered a platform for discussions, collaboration and idea exchange among stakeholders.
- Raised community awareness of important Long-Term Care system issues and opportunities through media stories and letters to the editor as well as on social media channels.
Members are the foundation of Concerned Friends. As a member, you:
- Are directly involved in preserving the legacy of Concerned Friends and amplifying the important voice we have as an arms-length grassroots organization.
- Are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors and various Committees.
- Have voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.
- Receive regular updates and communication geared toward the Concerned Friends community.
- Receive a charitable tax receipt for 100% of your membership fee!
If you are a current member, we hope you will renew your membership with us for 2024. If you are not already a member, we hope you too will join us and Add Your Voice to Ours!
Together we can make a meaningful impact in the lives of Ontario residents living in Long-Term Care, and their families and friends. Your voice matters.
Ready to become a Member? Visit our MEMBERSHIP PAGE HERE.